|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Class Status:||1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year, 4th year||Minimum GPA Requirement:||2.5|
|Open to Non-UVa Students:||No||Education Abroad Advisor:||Martha Sadler|
NOTE: This is the description page for the ISO Scholarship, which is included in the Education Abroad Scholarship Application, our common application for multiple awards. Please select the link below to apply for this scholarship using the common application. You do not need to designate which awards you wish to be considered for in the Education Abroad Scholarship Application; you will be considered for any for which you are qualified.
The International Studies Office wishes to support undergraduate students who demonstrate the interest and inclination to become global citizens. The ISO Scholarship supports this initiative and the Scholarship Committee makes awards based on a number of factors, including the quality of the application and academic merit. Scholarship award amounts vary and depend upon the qualifications of the applicant pool. Students may receive up to $3000 for summer, $5000 for semester, and $8000 for academic year programs.
- Be a currently enrolled UVA undergraduate student
- Participate in a credit bearing education abroad program for a summer, semester, or year
- Submit a complete UVA Education Abroad Application
- Demonstrate financial need. Information submitted in the scholarship application will be used to assess this eligibility criteria.
- Maintain good academic and disciplinary standing
- Share your experience with the UVA community through writing, photography, or video
- Complete the Education Abroad Scholarship Application.