|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring Semester||2019||01-NOV-2018 **||Rolling Admission||28-JAN-2019||19-MAY-2019|
|Year||2019-2020||01-APR-2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall Semester||2019||01-APR-2019 **||Rolling Admission||02-SEP-2019||15-DEC-2019|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed
|Class Status:||2nd year||Minimum GPA Requirement:||2.75|
|Language Requirement:||none||Open to Non-UVa Students:||No|
|Housing:||University dormitory||Language Courses Offered:||Yes|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Other||Credit Type:||Transfer Credit|
|Program Type:||Direct Enrollment at foreign institution, Island||Tuition Payments Made To:||Program Provider|
|Education Abroad Advisor:||Annia Dowell-Wiltshire||Application Fee:||Yes|
|Study Abroad Administrative Fee:||Yes||Subject Area:||Anthropology, Art, Art - Art History, Commerce, Cultural Studies, Economics, History, Hungarian Language and Literature, Internship, Political Science|
Budapest has so many accolades as a top European city to visit and live in that the odds are well in your favor for an enriching experience. It's a grand place to explore Hungarian culture and history in a regional context, while you build valuable knowledge in business, economics, finance, management, and marketing. Outside of class, you'll see the region like few tourists do, with excursions and connections that bring culture to life.
SEE HOW DAILY LIFE
compares in a country that's a relative newcomer to NATO and the European Union (EU).
GET A TASTE OF RURAL LIFE
Get a taste of rural life with an overnight trip to hidden gems of former Hungarian territories in neighboring countries where history and traditional customs are still alive. Explore the places foreigners seldom do.
ZERO-IN ON ALL THINGS HUNGARIAN
with classes that range from art to politics, and access courses at a leading business university.
Excursions & Activities
- Explore beyond the city with day trips to the 1,100-year-old Benedictine Archabbey of Pannonhalma, scenic Lake Balaton, picturesque sites at Danube Bend or Opusztaszer National Heritage Park.
- Get an insider's introduction to grand museums, galleries, and theaters.
Discover the scenic beauty of the Carpathian Mountains, traditional Hungarian hospitality and folklore.
Volunteering. Whether you tutor, help with research, or run a workshop, you'll connect with Budapest's people in meaningful ways by pitching in at shelters, museums, schools, and more.
Internships. Gain experience and build your resume with a for-credit internship at successful startup companies such as Secret Sauce Partners, the Medical Robotics Research Center, or organizations like the American Corner, universities, and high schools
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Hungarian culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us