|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed
|Class Status:||1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year, 4th year, Graduate student||Minimum GPA Requirement:||2.5|
|Open to Non-UVa Students:||No||Education Abroad Advisor:||Martha Sadler|
The Dee Family Global Scholarship was created to support UVA student participation in innovative student learning through study or research abroad that demonstrates well-constructed plans, partnership with the local community, and the potential for continued inquiry.
Preference will be given to
- Be a currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student in the College of Arts & Sciences
- Maintain good academic and disciplinary standing
- Demonstrate financial need. Information submitted in the scholarship application will be used to assess this eligibility criteria.
- Be approved to participate via the appropriate application or registration record listed below. This record must be in-progress by the scholarship application deadline.
- Global Studies majors and minors
- Study or Research in a country with “Low Human Development” scores on the United Nations Human Development Index (HDI); projects in a location with an HDI score of "High" or "Very High" will not be funded.
- Participation in a semester-length program
- Comply with Institutional Review Board (IRB) policies and protocols
- Participate in the preparatory workshop/orientation as articulated in your Education Abroad Application or Student Projects Abroad registration.
- Enroll in CORE for 2 credits
- Following your sojourn, submit a report describing your activities, pursuit of goals, challenges and accomplishments, along with a photo of yourself abroad.
Dee Family Global Scholarship awards vary.