|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Class Status:||1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year, 4th year, Graduate student||Minimum GPA Requirement:||2.5|
|Open to Non-UVa Students:||No||Education Abroad Advisor:||Martha Sadler|
NOTE: This is the description page for the Sue and Lee Piepho Scholarship, which is included in the Education Abroad Scholarship Application, our common application for multiple awards. Please select the link below to apply for this scholarship using the common application. You do not need to designate which awards you wish to be considered for in the Education Abroad Scholarship Application; you will be considered for any for which you are qualified.
Sue and Lee Piepho Scholarship
The Sue and Lee Piepho Scholarship supports undergraduate student participation in education abroad. Awards will be based on financial need and the quality of the application. Preference will be given to students studying in Great Britain, China, Germany, or the Republic of Ireland. Scholarship award amounts vary.
- Be a currently enrolled graduate or undergraduate student
- Participate in a credit bearing education abroad program for a summer, semester, or year
- Submit a complete UVA Education Abroad Application
- Demonstrate financial need. Information submitted in the scholarship application will be used to assess this eligibility criteria.
- Maintain good academic and disciplinary standing
Expectations of Scholarship Recipients
- While abroad, send Mrs. Piepho a photo of him- or herself in their host-city
- Upon return to Grounds, send a letter reflecting upon his or her international experience
- Complete the Education Abroad Scholarship Application.