|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Class Status:||1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year, 4th year||Minimum GPA Requirement:||2.5|
|Open to Non-UVa Students:||No||Education Abroad Advisor:||Martha Sadler|
NOTE: This is the description page for the IWL Study Abroad Scholarship, which is included in the Education Abroad Scholarship Application, our common application for multiple awards. Please select the link below to apply for this scholarship using the common application. You do not need to designate which awards you wish to be considered for in the Education Abroad Scholarship Application; you will be considered for any for which you are qualified.
IWL Study Abroad Scholarship
The Institute of World Languages (IWL) aims to support undergraduate students who have demonstrated a sincere devotion to their language education, as well as a deeper interest in, and commitment to the learning of any world language taught at the University of Virginia. Scholarship awards may go up to $3000 and will be commensurate with the number and quality of applications.
- Be a currently enrolled undergraduate student
- Participate in a credit bearing education abroad program for a summer, semester, or year
- Submit a complete UVA Education Abroad Application
- Maintain good academic and disciplinary standing
- Share your experience with the UVA community through writing, photography, or video
- complete the Education Abroad Scholarship Application.